COVID-19 Business Response
Airborne Solutions has added the following procedures to ensure the health and safety of our passengers and staff...
HELICOPTER PRE FLIGHT CHECKLIST
- Helicopter exteriors (around cabin area) and interiors are to be disinfected with Glen 20 or an equivalent product prior to loading passengers or cargo.
- Particular attention is to be paid to headsets, seat belts and areas that passengers can/will touch.
- New headset ear covers are to be fitted following disinfection and prior to each flight.
- Headset microphone socks are to be disinfected. The headset is then to be exposed to the sun for as long as possible prior to the next flight.
- All pilot equipment (helmets, Ipad, GPS, knee boards, etc) must be disinfected following each flight with passengers.
- All cargo is to be disinfected prior to loading.
PASSENGER PRE FLIGHT CHECKLIST
- Passenger temperature taken outside reception and must be 38 or below (if higher than 38 refuse entry).
- All passengers must wash their hands with appropriate hand sanitiser (provided) immediately on entering reception.
- Passengers must be feeling well with no COVID-19 or Flu like symptoms.
- Has had nil contact with known COVID-19 positive person in last 14 days.
- Social distancing of a minimum of 1.5 metres will always apply other than when seated in the helicopter.
- Passengers and crew are reminded to cough into your elbow and do not touch your face.
- Avoid sharing cups, utensils, cigarettes, etc.
- Airflow through the helicopter cabin should be maximised APPROPRIATELY where possible by removing front doors and opening rear door vents (it may not be possible to remove doors for all flights).
- Bottled water is to be provided to each passenger who will take the bottle with them on departure.
- Air sickness bags must be carried and easily available to all passengers throughout the flight. A briefing on the use and management of the bag is to be provided prior to flight.
- Passengers are to be briefed to communicate clearly and provide EARLY advice if feeling air sick and not wait until they are going to be sick.